Thursday 25 May 2023

My Personal Testimony of Salvation





 Shalom, family in Christ! Today, I want to share my brief testimony with you. My name is Harrison, and I am 24 years old. I am from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. I belonged to a nominal Christian family where I had the label of being a Christian, but I had not experienced the new birth as described in John 3:3. In other words, I had not encountered the living Lord and Risen Messiah personally.


I was very rebellious and had a strong desire to make a name for myself in the world. I rebelled against my family and parents, rarely attending church. My mother would often cry for me and tell me that she was praying to God for me, believing that one day the Lord would change my heart. I want to encourage all parents that if your children are rebellious towards you, pray to God for them, for prayer is powerful.


In answer to my mother's prayers, God began to work in my life. He started to get a hold of me, and I began to feel conviction in my heart. I started attending meetings, and I distinctly remember the power of God coming upon me, enveloping me like a weight around my body. I cried like a little child, overwhelmed by the Holy Presence of Jesus. Whenever He is present, His holiness and grace do something transformative in your heart. In those meetings, He convicted me of my sins, and I felt a deep urge within me to seek a Savior. We all need a Savior because the world cannot offer us the promise of forgiveness of sins. The Holy Spirit began moving in my heart, turning me from rebellion into a young man passionate for His presence. I could not stop myself from reading His Word and praying to Him. This change was evident to everyone who knew me. It was not because of me but due to the presence of Jesus and the power of the cross.


I was saved in 2016, and in 2017, the Lord baptized me with the Holy Spirit. I had unforgiveness in my heart, but as the preacher spoke about forgiving our debtors, I chose to forgive. Afterward, I felt the Holy Spirit come upon me mightily, experiencing His power throughout my entire body, and He granted me the gift of speaking in tongues, a supernatural language. This was an ongoing process, and in another meeting, I felt something coming out from my chest, like a fountain of living waters. I couldn't resist it, and I spoke in tongues for three days whenever I sat down to pray.


The Lord has blessed me with numerous spiritual encounters, but the one I want to highlight is His forgiveness of my sins. The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and there have been times when the enemy has tried to draw me away from God. However, God, in His grace, has always come to my rescue because He is the shepherd of my soul.


Today, I am a Bible student and a witness of Jesus Christ. He has called me to ministry, declaring that before I was born, He knew me and appointed me as a prophet to the nations. When I minister to people, they often come to appreciate me, but I refuse to take credit or glory for myself. I tell them that it is only due to the presence of Jesus. He can do the same for them. I want to encourage all of you that your destiny will be unveiled when you are found in Christ. We all need a Savior, and only Jesus can forgive our sins. He has the power to transform broken things into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Falling in the Holy Spirit Biblical??

 People Mock Churches These Days  People often mock churches who fall in the spirit calling them crazy and I'd also heard people makin...